2.05.2013

Oh, You and Your Right-Angle Lasers

I'll admit up front, I never really got into the works of Leiji Matsumoto.  I watched Galaxy Express 999, but Space Battleship Yamato and Captain Harlock and his spinoffs just slipped by me somehow.  So, I'm not entirely versed on whether this is going to be true to whatever canon exists.


What I am entirely versed on, however, is that this looks amazing!  There is no anime movie I'm waiting for more than the next Rebuild of Evangelion, but this thing is a solid second, and making a respectable attempt to fight for first!  The style, the space battles, the swashbuckliness of it all, it just works so well even in a forty-six second trailer!

Space Pirate Captain Harlock is set to premiere in Japan later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment