10.15.2011

Dusting off the ol' Cadre

So, with my regular 40K opponent a good two day train trip away until January or so, my evening class securely placed on Black Knight's Open 40K Night and a standing engagement with friends on Sunday afternoon, pre-empting Black Knight's General Open Gaming, it's been rather a while indeed since I was able to take to the field of battle.  And hence, quite a while since I've had anything worth talking about.

Thankfully, there's at least a small change coming up.  The second of Black Knight Games' four-part Munitorum Series is coming up next Saturday, and good heavens am I ever looking forwards to it!  It's 1500 points, a 500 point jump from round one, and I've been tweaking and squeezing my list for some time now.  In fact, I'm still doing so, as I can't quite figure out how best to use about seventy or so points left over after filling up on must-haves.  A piranha?  A third scoring squad?  Shield drones and vehicle upgrades?  Decisions, decisions.

For the moment, at least, my cadre looks like this:

HQ:
Shas'el w/Airbursting Fragmentation Projector, Missile Pod, Multi-Tracker, Hard-Wired Blacksun Filter
2 x XV8 Bodyguard w/2 x Plasma Rifle, 2 x Missile Pod, 2 x Targeting Array, 2 x Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker, 2 x Hard-Wired Blacksun Filter

Elites:
3 x XV8 w/3 x Plasma Rifle, 3 x Missile Pod, 3 x Multi-Tracker

3 x XV8 w/3 x Twin-Linked Missile Pod, 3 x Flamer

3 x XV8 w/3 x Twin-Linked Missile Pod, 3 x Flamer

Troops:
6 x Fire Warriors in a Devilfish w/Disruption Pod, Flechette Dischargers

6 x Fire Warriors

6 x Fire Warriors

Fast Attack:
6 x Pathfinders in a Devilfish w/Disruption Pod, Flechette Dischargers

Heavy Support:
XV88 w/Advanced Stabilization System

XV88 w/Advanced Stabilization System

Hammerhead w/Railgun, 2 x Burst Cannons, Multi-Tracker, Disruption Pod, Blacksun Filter

So, there we are; hopefully, 1500 points worth of death-dealing.  I may yet swap out the third Fire Warrior squad, a Pathfinder and the HQ's Blacksun Filters for a Piranha with Disruption Pod, Fusion Blaster and Targeting Array.  The Piranha would give me one more hull to block enemy movement with, and a hull that isn't needed to protect objective grabbers at that, but in exchange it would be one less unit to grab said objectives with.  So hard to choose...

No comments:

Post a Comment