6.23.2011

A change in the line-up

So, after my rather substandard showing against Dave's Big Mek and his boyz, I've decided to make a bit of a change to my 1000 point cadre.  I'm going to drop one of my two-man fireknife (plasma rifle/missile pod) units, and replace it with a three-man deathrain (twin-linked missile pod) team.  The deathrains will give me a more guaranteed anti-light-vehicle punch, such as units of killa kans and the like, and each will have a flamer for close-in anti-horde defence.  The upgrade cost me a firewarrior and the flechette launchers off my piranha, but I think the trade is going to be worth it in the long run.  The firewarriors rarely do much, and my piranha doesn't often get charged; mostly, it just gets shot out of the sky, instead.

The big trick about this was that I had to get three deathrains put together before Saturday.  Well, I'm pleased to report that it's late Thursday, and all I have left is the missile pods and flamer on one of my units, and a bit of touching up.  Looks like they'll be ready for the Munitorum Series after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment